Universitas Terbuka (the Indonesia Open University) is a state university which employs distance learning systems to provide higher education. In 2013 UT offers an Advanced Course Programme (ACP) in ASEANStudies.Thisis an international certificate programme which is offered as postgraduate level courses.
ASEAN Studies is a collaborative programme developed and established by some of open universities in Southeast Asia region which include Universitas Terbuka (UT) – Indonesia, Sukhothai Tammathirat Open University (STOU) – Thailand,Open University Malaysia (OUM – Malaysia), University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU) – Philippines, and Hanoi Open University (HOU) – Vietnam.
- a. to provide specific and deep insights on ASEAN studies that focus on cultural, social, economic and political aspects in a interdisciplinary, multi perspectives manner.
- b. to compare ASEAN studies developed in various universities that develop ASEAN studies both in concepts and practices.
- c. to provide balanced insights to international communities on ASEAN from the ASEAN’s own perspectives.
This programme is designed using distance learning mode which is flexible for students — with all courses are delivered in English as the modules as the main source of learning materials are developed in collaboration with other open universities in ASEAN region. Modules are supported with multi-media based materials such as CD, tutorial on-line and video Conference.
Semester Credit Systems
Advanced Course Program (ACP) in ASEAN Studies is designed that students may take a course individually. Each course will be awarded a certificate and graded in credit semester unit. Each certificate will be part of the whole package of the masters program in ASEAN Studies which is now in the process of development. Certificate programmes offered as follows:
*) Also offered as MOOCs
LEARNING THROUGH Online learning
Final grade for certification should consist of:
- Students’ activity in on-line tutorials: reading initiation materials, giving comments, arguing and reviewing(30%);
- Assignments completed in accordance with tutor’s guidelines(30%);
- End of Semester Assignment (40%).
LEARNING MATERIALS AND TUTOR
Modules for Advanced Course Program (ACP) in ASEAN Studies are written by experts from prominent universities in Indonesia and other ASEAN countries with extensive professional and academic experience.Meanwhile, tutorial is hosted by lecturers from highly reputed universities.
- Minimal bachelor (S1) degree holder;
- Having valid TOEFL Internasional or Institusional score of minimum 500;
- Good internet / computer skills.
TUITION AND FEE
Tuition fee is Rp. 2.500.000,- (Dua Juta Lima Ratus Ribu Rupiah) per course as a soft launch fee.
Admission should be as follows:
- Register yourself on-line
- Fill in the information required
- Pay tuition fee ofRp. 2.500.000,- (Dua Juta Lima Ratus Ribu Rupiah)per course by online and receive lerning package from PPS UT
- Student Card
- Post Graduate E-Learning Guidelines
- UT Catalogue
- Course description
- Online Course Modules
Click ADMISSION for Registration
|Activities||Odd Semester||Even Semester|
|Admission||3 September – 12 Desember 2018||13 Maret – 16 Juni 2019|
|Registration||1 – 18 Januari 2019||30 Juni – 19 Juli 2019|
|Instruction Begins/Ends||25 Januari – 26 April 2019||28 Juli – 22 Oktober 2019|
|Certificate Award||8 Juli 2019||29 Desember 2019|
For detailed information, please contact
- Program Pascasarjana Universitas Terbuka
- Gedung Fakultas II
- Jl. Cabe Raya, Pondok Cabe, Pamulang, Tangerang Selatan 15418
- Telp.+62217415050, Faks.+62217415588
- Email : email@example.com
- website: http://www.ut.ac.id atau http://pasca.ut.ac.id/
- For more information on ASEAN STUDIES Program, please visit: http://aseanstudies.ut.ac.id/